Wednesday, February 23, 2011

F&B Manager for Rooftop Hotel Lounge

Allow me to introduce myself, I’m the food and beverage manager of your dreams. I’m ready to be a rockstar for your rooftop lounge and heat up your venue. I have a passion for the hospitality industry, especially hotel bars. I’ve had 5 years experience in the bar industry, and I’ve gotten guys to buy over 500 drinks for me in that timeframe. How’s that? It’s because I know how to work the bar, even if I don’t work for the bar.

I’ve worked my moves at some of the most high volume bars in downtown Chicago and I always manage to get someone to buy me a drink. I’ve got a great rapport with clientele and an excellent repeat buyer ratio. Retention is always important because once you get the first drink you have to follow through to make sure that patron buys more drinks for you.

I also know the layout of a full bar very well, and even though I’ve never paid for a drink I’ve ordered everything from Campari to Chateauneuf-du-Pâpe.

I’ve also got amazing mathematical skills, as I’ve helped many of my clients calculate a 20% tip. I’ll let you in on my trick: you move the decimal one space to the left and multiply it by two. Put those phone calculators away boys, I know math!

I can tell you’re skeptical of my ability to work a very hip downtown bar, but I know nightlife like no other. I can always tell which guys are married and which ones are looking to pay for sex, and then adjust my strategy accordingly to always get the drink that I want. The married guys don’t wear rings so you can find out if they have a family by asking what they drive; if it’s a Ford or a Volvo or something like that they’re totally married and you should appeal to their masculine side. If they drive a trashy expensive car like a Jaguar they’re looking for a hooker so you should play hard to get until they start spending money on drinks.

I’ve always had a passion for the hotel industry and have had many great one-night stands in hotels. All of the hotel staff know me by now because I leave them tips so they won’t give me dirty looks. I’m great at managing people in the service industry, I even got one guy to let me in the pool at the Palmer House by flirting with him last summer. It was so nice!

I know you’re pretty impressed by my abilities but I want to assure you that I’m completely humble and a real team player. I love to work with people, even if I’m competing with them to get guys to buy me drinks. I think it’s important to develop good relationships with your peers because they’ll definitely give you the heads up on which guys are stingy and will order you a drink then not pay for it. How tacky is that? Not I! With me it’s 100% class.

I can’t wait for an interview, how about we talk over drinks? Your treat?

Best Regards,
Zack Eliasz

1 comment:

  1. "with me it's 100% class"

    this was hilarious and a nice way to start my day

    ReplyDelete